Blacksmiths can refine Iron Ore into Iron, Iron and Coal into Steel, and elemental Ores into elemental stones. For material requirements, see Iron Tempering, Steel Tempering and Enchanted Stone Craft. Each attempt to refine material consumes 1 Mini Furnace.
Alternatively: There is an NPC in Einbroch (Uwe Kleine) (216,180) who can refine Coal at a price of 30 Jubilee and 4 Large Jellopy.
1. In order to refine materials into metals you must have all of the neccessary materials in your main inventory (not your cart). Then you use a furnace. When you use the mini-furnace it's gone for good, it doesn't matter if you actually refine something or not.
2. A window will open with a list of items that can be created. Select which item you wish to refine from the list and click 'OK' or press enter.
3. Another window will appear detailing which materials you'll be using up. Regardless of if the refining succeeds or fails the items on the list will be lost if you continue.
4. If the refining succeeds the newly created item will appear in your inventory.
- The base success rate for refining, before taking any other factors into account, is 20% for Iron and Steel and 5% for Elemental Stones.
- Refining sucess rate is decided by Forging Equipment, Skills, DEX, LUK and Job Level.
- The tempering skills, Steel Tempering, Iron Tempering and Enchantedstone Craft increase the success rates of refining Steel, Iron and Elemental Stones respectively.
- Each point of DEX and each point of LUK is believed to add 0.1% chance to successfully refining a material. For example, with 19 Dex and 1 Luk a Blacksmith would gain an additional 2% chance to refine steel after taking other factors into account.
- Each Job Level is believed to add 0.2% to the overall success rate.
|Artistry||Handicrafting · Metalworking · Tailoring|
|NPC Enhancement||Refinement System · Refinement System (Thor) · Socket Enchant · Hidden Enchant|
|Blacksmith/Whitesmith-Related||Forging · Custom Forging · Refining · Weapon Materials · Weapon Refine|