Artistry and Crafting System/Handicrafting
Handicrafting is part of the new Artistry and Crafting System. For information about the system in general, see the specified page. The following is a guide to get you started on handicrafting:
- Warp to Veins, and walk around the map to get to a plateau in the center. Locate the Handicrafting Guild (Located around 230, 180)
- Speak to Handicrafting Master, and accept the invite to practice some handicrafting. Speak to him again and he will inform you of some work orders. You can complete these work order to earn Denarius, a type of currency used to buy higher skill level books. Since this is also crafting, you can gain skill levels by crafting the items for the work order.
- When accepting a work order, it tells you the items required to fill it. Keep repeating the process of crafting items for the order until you reach a 5 level marker. Every 5 Skill Levels will make the master give you a new work order. For information on what work orders are for what skill level, see the table below.
- Speak to the Handicrafting Table in the same area, and trade it items required for the crafted product. each time you craft items, you earn experience for your skill level. After creating the items, you can return to the Handicrafting Master who will give you denarius for the work order
- Repeat the process of obtaining work orders, leveling, and crafting to advance in your craft. At any point, you may start crafting weapons and/or armors. The higher level you are in a craft, the better success chance you will have, so if you have level 10 Handicrafting, you will have close to no chance at succeeding in making a "Heartwood" level item. For a list of items you can forge that are non-work order crafts, see below under book crafting and weapon/equipment crafting.
- You need a new Handicrafting Guide every 10 level to continue leveling your handicrafting skill. Intermediate at 10, Advanced at 20, and Journeymans' at 30 respectively.
- You can buy Handicrafting Guides from the Handicrafting Shop. You can also buy an Artisan's Charm to increase your crafting success.
- A message "Your handicrafting skill has increased slightly." or "Your handicrafting skill is now level _!" to let you know that your Handicrafting level increased.
- You may speak to the Crafting Master to be told what your current crafting level is.
- NOTE: Don't wear or any other cards that will make you lose HP, or the cast will be interrupted and you will lose your items during crafting!!
Work Order Crafting
|Skill Level||Crafted Item||Denarius Earned||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2|
|0-4||1 or 2 Cut Lumber||1||File:1019.gif 1||1|
|5-9||1 or 2 Tough Rope||2||1||1|
|10-14||1 or 2 Repaired Books||3||1||1|
|15-19||1 or 2 Trimmed Roots||4||1||1|
|20-24||1 or 2 Smooth Wooden Heart||5||File:7189.gif 1||1|
|25-29||1 or 2 Repaired Diamond||6||1||1|
|30-34||1 or 2 Smooth Wood||7||File:7222.gif 1||1|
|35-40||1 or 2 Repaired Pharaoh Emblem||8||1||1|
|Required Book||Crafted Item||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2||Crafting Supply|
|Basic Handicrafting Guide||1 or 2 Barren Lumber||1||1||1 Lumber Axe|
|1 or 2 Barren Block||2 Barren Lumber||1||1 Lumber Saw|
|1 or 2 Barren Board||2 Barren Block||1||1 Plane|
|1 or 2 Ruby Jewel||1||1|
|1 or 2 Sapphire Jewel||3||1|
|Intermediate Handicrafting Guide||1 or 2 Solid Lumber||5||1||1 Lumber Axe|
|1 or 2 Solid Block||2 Solid Lumber||1||1 Lumber Saw|
|1 or 2 Solid Board||2 Solid Block||1||1 Plane|
|1 or 2 Topaz Jewel||9||1|
|1 or 2 Zircon Jewel||27||1|
|Advanced Handicrafting Guide||1 or 2 Fine Grained Lumber||25||1||1 Lumber Axe|
|1 or 2 Fine Grained Block||2 Fine Grained Lumber||1||1 Lumber Saw|
|1 or 2 Fine Grained Board||2 Fine Grained Block||1||1 Plane|
|1 or 2 Emerald Jewel||81||1|
|1 or 2 Diamond Jewel||100||1|
|Journeymans' Handicrafting Guide||1 or 2 Heartwood Lumber||2 Heartwood||1||1 Lumber Axe|
|1 or 2 Heartwood Block||2 Heartwood Lumber||1||1 Lumber Saw|
|1 or 2 Heartwood Board||2 Heartwood Block||1||1 Plane|
|1 or 2 Asteria Jewel||3 Asteria||1|
|1 or 2 Andalusite Jewel||3 Andalusite||1|
At any time, a player can trade in a completed equipment / weapon to the Dismantling Table (Located at 236, 176). By dismantling an item, you can receive some of the basic ingredients back. Just like crafting, you can receive the normal amount of items, or if your lucky, double the normal amount. Depending on the item you try to dismantle, you get specific ingredients back. Such items include: