|Changes At:||Sograt Desert 16|
|Number of Skills:||10|
|Total Skill Points:||85|
|Total Quest Skills:||2|
The shadow of death.
Existing in darkness, never entering the world of light, they were always feared by others. One day, reading King Tristan III's notice recruiting adventurers, they thought of it as an opportunity to clear their history full of darkness and sent an Assassin to join the group of adventurers. With the ability to secretly enter places and poison an enemy to get rid of them without a trace, they were worthy of being feared. People refused to open their minds to these Assassins, whose Guild location was even a secret. But if they find the true nature of these Assassins, loyal and trusting those once they are friends, anyone would want to befriend them without hesitation.
Assassins (and their transcended Assassin Cross) are the only class able to equip a weapon in each hand and the exclusive users of Katar weapons. Assassins have a variety of damage dealing and poisoning skills. The Assassin are the only class who can walk slightly faster than any other class ingame as long as they leveled the proper skill (Thief's Increase Dodge). The Katar wielding Assassins also receive double the normal amount of Critical hit rate. Therefore, whatever amount of critical rate Assassins have, it would always be doubled.
The following skills for this class have been altered. See the corresponding page to find which servers are affected:
Job Change Guide
|Items:||Dagger -OR- Katar (Varies)|
|Experience:||Base EXP:||Job EXP:|
|Quest Reward(s):||Jobchange to Assassin|
1. Journey to the Assassin's Guild, found in moc_fild16 (205, 296), two maps South and two maps East of Morroc. The entrance to the guild is located near the center on the upper portion of the island.
3. Walk near the Guildsman at (in_moc_16 25, 90). After signing up, access to the next room will be granted.
4. Once inside the room, walk forward, and hidden NPC will reveal himself. He will ask the player 10 questions about Thief and Assassin knowledge ranging from skills to cards to equipment. Nine out of ten questions must be answered correctly in order to proceed.
- Choose the correct amount of the maximum dodge rate increase from the 'Increase Dodge' skill when at level 10. 30
- Choose a monster which detects hiding/cloaking Thieves and Assassins. Andre
- Choose a group of weapons that cannot be used by an Assassin at once. Katar + Maingauche
- Choose the town where Thieves can change their jobs. Morocc
- Choose a card that does not affect the AGI stat. Whisper Card
- Choose the correct specialty of the Assassin class. any answer is correct
- Choose the maximum AGI bonus an Assassin can get at job level 50. 10
- Choose the item that an Assassin cannot equip. Helm
- Choose the job change item for Thief. Orange Gooey Mushroom or Orange Net Mushroom
- Choose a card that would typically benefit an Assassin the least. Elder Willow card
- Choose the skill that is not required to learn Grimtooth. Level 2 Right hand Mastery
- What property does Enchant Poison possess? Poison
- How does Level 4 'Right hand Mastery' work? Recover 90% of damage decrement
- What is the item required for using Venom Dust? Red Gemstone
- Which skill can you learn when you reach Level 5 Enchant Poison? Venom Dust
- Among the following skills, which allows you to become invisible while moving? Cloaking
- From the following, choose the thing unrelated to using Venom Splasher. Red Gemstone
- Which monster is weak to a weapon with Vadon card (20% damage on Fire monster). Elder Willow
- How much SP does Double Attack use? It's a passive skill and doesn't use SP.
- What is the best elemental Main Gauche to use when hunting in Izlude dungeon? Wind Main Gauche
- Which monster drops a slotted Katar? Desert Wolf
- Which monster a slotted Jur? Martin
- Which class is allowed to craft elemental weapons? Blacksmith
- Choose a weapon which is not Katar class. Gladius
- What property do Izlude dungeon monsters possess? Water
- Which monster cannot be a Cute Pet? Roda Frog
- Choose a monster that Fire property daggers work the best on. Hammer Goblin
- Choose the non-elemental Katar. Infiltrator
- Which is the uncommon monster? Ghostring
- Choose the monster that is not Undead. Spore
5. After the quiz, enter the pub for the next test. Wait your turn if someone else is already in the test area. You'll then be sent to a room filled with Porings, Drops, Lunatics and Poporings. You must kill 6 monsters of the exact name given by the announcer in three minutes.
The name will usually be "Target Monster" or "Job Change Test Monster" but may vary in different versions of RO. The target monsters also always consist of 3 Porings, 1 Drops, 1 Lunatic and 1 Poporing. Killing monsters other than the targets or falling into traps results in failing and being teleported back to the entrance NPC. Killing all target monsters will automatically kill every other monster in the room and open a portal for the next test.
6. In the next area, you must run to the other side of a room filled with Mummies and Hydras. Stopping to attack monsters is not necessary. Getting to the sides of the room and going as quickly as possible is highly recommended to avoid getting mobbed. This part of the test can be made easier through good use of Hiding, and is trivial if the player has a Frilldora-carded garment.
7. Once you reach the NPC at the end of the room, all monsters will die and the you may proceed to the next room. Dying results in failing the test and you will be teleported to the entrance of the guild and must retake the test. If you die, it is not required to use healing items as the entrance NPC will heal the you back to full health.
8. You will then be sent to a series of rooms that look exactly the same. There is no significance to those other than walking through the portals until reaching a large room with invisible walls. You must traverse through the invisible maze and go beside the Assassin Master at the bottom left corner of the room.
There may be blocked paths but eventually you can reach the NPC through trial and error.
9. Talk to the NPC and he will talk and ask a few questions about the pride and honor in being an Assassin. Successful Thieves are then be rewarded with a Dagger or Katar-class Weapon (depending on Job Level) or a weapon of choice (Job 50), as well as a Necklace of Oblivion (Warning: Do not sell this last item).
10. You will be sent back to the entrance of the Assassin's Guild. Present the Necklace of Oblivion to the Entrance NPC to be changed into an Assassin.
See Thief Skills for first class skills.
|Allows the character to disappear instantaneously and still move. Movement Speed is dependant on skill level.||10||Active|
|Imbues the characters weapon with the Poison element causing each attack to be Poison element damage and to have a chance to inflict the Poison status.||10||Active|
|An attack using a katar that hits a 3x3 area from up to 7 cells away while Hidden.||5||Offensive|
|Increases the damage done with Katar weapons by up to 30.||10||Passive|
|Recovers up to 100% of the dual weilding damage penalty for the right hand.||5||Passive|
|Recovers up to 80% of the dual weilding damage penalty for the left hand.||5||Passive|
|Counters a Poison element attack with a one time physical attack for up to 400% damage. Also has a chance to counter non-Poison element attacks with level 5 Envenom up to 5 times.||10||Offensive|
|Deal up to 800% physical damage with a katar weapon with up to a 30% chance to Stun the target.||10||Offensive|
|Use ato create a 2x2 Poison cloud for up to 50 seconds.||10||Active|
|Use ato turn the target into a "Poison Bomb" to deal up to 1000% damage after a delay.||10||Offensive|
|Skill||Description||Levels||Type|| Job Level
|Increases damage and hit rate of Sonic Blow.||1||Passive||40||Sonic Acceleration Quest|
|Throws a venom knife at a target and inflict the poison status ailment.||1||Offensive||None||Venom Knife Quest|
|Assassin · Assassin Cross|
| 2nd Class
|Cloaking · Enchant Poison · Grimtooth · Katar Mastery · Lefthand Mastery · Righthand Mastery · Poison React · Sonic Acceleration · Sonic Blow · Venom Dust · Throw Venom Knife · Venom Splasher|
|Advanced Katar Research · Create Deadly Poison · Enchant Deadly Poison · Meteor Assault · Soul Breaker|
|Quests||Assassin Job Change Guide · Assassin Skill Quest · Rebirth Walkthrough|
|Classes of Ragnarok Online|
|Novice Class||Novice · Super Novice|
|First Class||Acolyte · Archer · Magician · Merchant · Swordman · Thief|
|Second Class||Priest · Monk · Hunter · Bard · Dancer · Wizard · Sage · Blacksmith · Alchemist · Knight · Crusader · Assassin · Rogue|
|Transcendant Second Class||High Priest · Champion · Sniper · Minstrel · Gypsy · High Wizard · Professor · Whitesmith · Creator · Lord Knight · Paladin · Assassin Cross · Stalker|
|Expanded Class||Gunslinger · Ninja · TaeKwon Kid · TaeKwon Master · Soul Linker|